Will post fliers when I have them :-)
House show, with TBC
Black Lodge, with Isenordal & Addaura
The Know, with Carrion Spring, Aviator, & Bleak Cities
HREINN @Anarres, with Brocrusher, Tensor, & Emasculator (our first show!)
Anna Vo @Anarres, with Wizard Apprentice, Tropic Green, as part of IntersectFest 2015
HREINN @Scowling House, with Twat Trap, Sloppy Jane and Lobo Ono
24th September @Blackwater PDX, with Ragana & TBC
9th October @ Highwater Mark, with Strangeweather, Noctooa, and Horse Cult
23rd October @TBC, with Thou & more
Stickers are in ! Black on chrome!
AOR017 ANNA VO – SHE CONTINUES TO FAIL
My new album finally got pressed and released on cassette, and recently came across this video I knew nothing about that a video artist/musician made:
You can get gold and bronze A0 screenprints of the cover art on black card sent from Berlin:
Anyway, it was recorded near the Berlin Wall in the building Bowie recorded his Berlin trilogy, and Eno and David Byrne and a bunch of other rad doods recorded. So that was pretty cool.
AOR018 FATPL ASTIK – ST4TIK
The cassettes finally arrived in the mail!! A few months after their release date, but better late than never. Jett, queer artist from New Orleans releases their debut album on An Out recordings, and hell yesss. Beautiful textural ambient awesomeness. Can’t wait to see them play live :-)
AOR019 RVNES & MASS collab 12″ LP
MASS from Northern England is the shit, and so is RVNES from Berlin. Here they are together in a freakin beautiful package.
AOR020 ABSTRACTER – WOUND EMPIRE cs
Monster of an album in absolutely stunning packaging.
AOR021 MOLOCH – DIE ISOLATION cs
Moloch is from the Ukraine, and as a result I can’t mail physical copies of his own album to him at the moment, unless it is with Global Express. If people haven’t heard about what is happening on the border of the Ukraine and Russia, look it up. Anyway, Moloch is a wretched black metal feast for the senses. I’m excited to be able to give this a US release and distribution.
AOR022 EXPURGATORY – X cs
Librarians from Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, inspired by the likes of Wold, Urfaust, and Bone Awl. They are proudly left-wing, and wholeheartedly embrace the lo-fi DIY freedom that black metal provides, despite its various communities trying to hide it beneath a veil of elitism.
The launch in Melbourne, Australia is https://m.facebook.com/events/1380925798875593/
AOR023 RAGANA 12″ LP coming in June!!!!!!!!!!
Ragana are a mindblowing queer lady doom band from Oakland, CA, USA.
12″ LP will be released for their Summer Tour of 2015.
AOR024 HREINN – s/t cs soon after. Will be ready for shows later this year.
(my doom band from Portland, OR – http://hreinndoom.bandcamp.com)
Hello thanx for helping to make this possible, i think this going to be interesting for people in taiwan/chinese speaking place…1. You were in a band in Australia, can you tell something about it, was it just a punk group or it has an idea to speak about the problems in society?
2. you were also active there, what are the thing you have participated. Were you part of the anarchist book store? If yes, tell something about this bookstore and what they do.
3. were you also of other political group, and what did they do?
4. being an immigrant offspring do you face discrimination in the movement, do they give you this Orientalism that tell you what/how you are supposed to act/be? how do you find your position in this? you were born in Aus actually, so you didn’t really have the same culture/education system that your parents have, was it every get frustrated to self define? I am a chinese teacher now in spain, i spoke to alot of people who told me their chinese friend refused to learn chinese, and normally have a period of time in their teenage deny being part a chinese family. how do you look at these things?
5. I had read an article about the gender issue in Aus, that the people normally being rejected if you say you are feminist, the spanish comrade like to say “feminazi this and that…” to make joke also define that they are gender-aware but reject the feminist as the center of the idea. But really this can be another way to look at machista, do you see similar thing in Aus or Berlin, or in the states?
6. Can you describe the difference of the movement in these 3 places. and how is the sexist/ racial situation within the movement?
7. Being anarchist is really difficult to deal with the reality of capitalist world, we have to either get a real job or we would need to recycle and squat all life, it sounds almost impossible to continue living in such way, as to say outside of the system, but in a way living by surplus of the capitalism, do you also see the difference between the day to day life of anarchist in the place you had been. and how are yourself struggling in the system while be able to afford a basic living?
Hahahah this is a really really big question, and something I am always dancing around depending on what I can afford in each city/place. Right now (in the USA) I work 65 hours a week to pay rent and food, and am always broke for some reason. This is not an ideal life, I have no social life or relaxation time, but I also don’t have a choice because if I stop working then I won’t have a place to live. I don’t even know what “outside” of a system is – does that exist? Can that exist? Everything is connected, no?I think it’s possible to live without money, but only with trade and mutual aid. But you are still in some kind of a system.
To squat or live off the surplus of a system is not living “outside” of it. There is still dependence on it.
To boycott something implies that there is a consumer structure there to reject. It really depends on one’s priorities. Is the priority to REJECT something? Then, why? Why is the rejection of something a definition or reason for living?
And then live by it.